Dodge City, Kansas
Title: Site Coordinator at Dodge City High School
Reports to: Area or Managing Director, CIS of Mid-America, Inc. and School Principal
The Site Coordinator coordinates supports for students and families, as well as implements programs and activities based upon the specific needs of the school. The Site Coordinator works with community partners and volunteers to bring needed supports into the school to help students succeed.
TANF Sites Only
The Site Coordinators at TANF Initiative sites funded by the Kansas Department for Children and Families must meet the performance measures and outcomes mandated in that grant. These requirements include measures and outcomes common to all CIS Mid-America sites, as well as additional outcomes. A description of these measures and outcomes will be provided, along with the support, direction, and guidance to achieve them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(P) Coordinate CIS Programs and Activities
- Conduct school and student needs assessment annually
- Responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of the School Support Plan
- Facilitate, coordinate and evaluate Tier I (whole-school) CIS programs and activities at the school
- Facilitate, coordinate and evaluate outside agency programs offered at the site
- Communicate with CIS administrative office regarding School Support Plan, programs and activities
- Ensure that CIS programs and supports meet the needs of students, families and school
- Promote positive relationships between CIS school, administrative office and community partners
- Mandatory participation in agency special events and fundraising
(P) Coordinate Supports for Students and Families
- Initiate and follow through on CIS selection/referral process at the school
- Manage a caseload of approximately 65 case-managed students
- Complete home visit and intake on CIS referrals for assigned caseload
- Prepare, implement, and monitor student/family support plans and case progress
- Facilitate and document student involvement in appropriate programs and supports
- Monitor, document and evaluate student supports and student progress
- Monitor and document parent involvement, including home visits
- Maintain CIS student case files and CIS Data Management Tools (CISDM2)
(P) Coordinate CIS Team at the Project Site
- Educate, support, supervise, and evaluate all CIS team members and volunteers
- Promote cooperation of the CIS School Support Team with school staff and administration and the CIS administrative office
- Maintain communication with the CIS administrative office and school staff
(P) Coordinate Volunteers and Repositioned Staff
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment plan for CIS site
- Recruit, support, and retain CIS volunteers and repositioned staff at the project school
- Facilitate and monitor the assignment of volunteers/repositioned staff to CIS students
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- (P)Other duties as assigned and approved by supervisor and school principal
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in working with school and/or at-risk students, program implementation and administration, volunteer training, case management and proven leadership skills. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with school administrators, personnel, students, parents and the public. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- At least one to three years’ experience in working with at risk youth/families and program implementation experience.
- Ability to think, process information, and act quickly.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities yet is an effective team member.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education, public administration, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Work Environment Office/School/Community
Lifting Requirement 25 pounds
Travel Requirements Occasional travel, including training, home visits and field trips, etc. Must have valid driver’s license, transportation, auto insurance, and pass various background checks.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
Direct Budget No
Indirect Budget Yes
Major System (MIS) or Process Responsibility:
- CISDM2 – Communities In Schools Data Management System
As a staff member of Communities In Schools of Mid-America, Inc. you are a mandated reporter of child abuse and neglect as outlined in the employee handbook. Failure to properly report to the appropriate child welfare authority and your supervisor can result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination. See Mandated Reporter Policy in the Employee Personnel Manual for specific details.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change without prior notice.
Functional Classification Summary
(P) Program – 100%
To submit an application:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com. Applicants will be required to pass state and NSOPR background checks prior to hiring. Communities In Schools of Mid-America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To view this posting on Indeed, click here.